• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agree to part buiness due to rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Edconn12

Im from Connecticut, and I was ondering If I can recieve unemployment if I parted buiness to go to drug rahab?

ecmst12

You have to be ABLE to work and actively seeking work in order to qualify for UC. You are neither while in rehab.

Edconn12

Not yet, Im concerned of whats going to happen. I need some help, but I still have to pay the bills. If I cant recieve unemployment im going to just keep using. I would rather die of an overdose rather than have everything taken from me.

ecmst12

ADA has nothing to do with unemployment. You may qualify for disability benefits. Statements like you just made tell me that outpatient treatment probably isn't appropriate for you. And even with outpatient treatment, you shouldn't be working at first, recovery is a full time job in itself.

Depending on other factors, you may qualify for FMLA so you could return to work when your treatment (or at least the intensive phase) is complete, if it will take 12 weeks or less. Even if you don't, your employer may be willing to work with you in that respect, if you voluntarily come forward about your problem and your desire to get better before your performance completely tanks and they have to fire you.

But really, your life and health is the most important thing. When you are sober and healthy, a whole world of opportunity opens up for you. Don't worry about your job. Go to the hospital today.

cyjeff

Agreed.

This will be the best present you can give yourself.

If you lose everything but regain your sobriety, you can always buy more stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">