• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Vehicle in my Driveway.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Apota

I live in California, Los Angeles County. I had a friend that asked if he could park his vehicle in my driveway for a couple of months until he found some place else to put it, because he was moving into an apartment and they wouldn't allow it be be parked there. That was 2 years ago, and it's still here. He keeps promising to move it but he never does, the deadlines keep coming and going. He moved to New York about 6 months ago. He didn't even tell me, I found out by calling his work to speak to him and they told me that he was being transfered to there New York location. I called because there was a pipe burst in my driveway and I needed to move his car because it was in the way. He said he was leaving the country and he would move the car when he got back before he moved to New York and he never did. He promised a few months later he would take care of it and he didn't. He promised he would by the end of November and he didn't, and again by the second week of December and he didn't. We had a falling out about this whole thing a few weeks ago. What legal action can I take? The car is not driveable, he had it towed into my driveway. The registeration is 10 years old, the tags say 1998 on them. I'm really fed up and need some help and advice. Thank you for all your help and time for reading this....

racer72

Send the owner of the vehicle a letter, CRRR, giving him a specific time, 14 days would work, to remove the vehicle from your property or you will have it towed at his expense. On the 15th day, have it towed if it is still in your driveway. Keep copies of all correspondence for you records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">