• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended without pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmloomis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
A month ago I (the manager) became involoved with one of my staff members, Matt. Last Saturday my boss came into my store and talked to me and the man I was involved with. We were questioned and it was brought to our attention that this was a code of buisness conduct violation. We both had told him that we were planning on telling them after the holiday and request transfers due to knowing that there would be a conflict. At that point we were told that is was to late and they would be sending it to HR for review and that we were both suspended without pay and were to have no contact with eachother until the investigation was finished. Christmas eve, Matt received a call letting him know that he was able to return to work, but he is still not to have any contact with me. I have yet to be contacted.

How long can someone be put on suspension without pay, and how can one party be brought back and not the other?

cyjeff

Forever.

Different employees can be treated differently.

maybe they need more time to discuss whether a manager that does the help is welcome back...you see, you opened the company up to a huge amount of liability.

It is very possible to return a staff member but not the manager... who should have known better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">