• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdra

is it possible for me to find out if a law suit has been filed if i've yet to be served papers. i'm pretty sure that a process server has been trying to serve them but has been unsuccessful so far. i'd like to be as prepared as possible if i'm actually being sued

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sure. You call the courthouse, and the Civil Filing Clerk, where you think that the lawsuit may have been filed. You ask that Clerk to look up your name to see if a filing pops up on the computer screen. If so, you might want to go to the courthouse and get a copy. You won't have to act on that copy. You still must be served, either personally, or through a publication in a newspaper nearest to where you live.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

G

gdra

is there a website called nexuslexus or lexusnexis that does list litigants?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gdra said:
is there a website called nexuslexus or lexusnexis that does list litigants?
My response:

Not a website, per se.

Those are very expensive research programs, sold by West Publishing Company, that would take you to their servers for legal research.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">