• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greeddy sibling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Feniera

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Parents died in 2005 & 2006 with a trust that states assets to be spluit 50/50 between brother & I . Brother moves into one of two homes. In 2007 I deeded this house to him becasue of illness. We had an attorney involved who drew up a document stating brother is to pay me back for the difference in the funds ( one house much more expensive than the other) and that brother is to use funds in a checking accounting Dad turned over to him only for taxes, insurance, etc.... on the properties.

Problem #1 is that the document was never signed off by both of us ( attorney dropped the ball big time) . It is now 2008 and brother has not come forward with an accounting nor has he paid me any money as per our "unsigned" agreement. In addition to this, when my brother & wife moved into the house they kept all the personal property as well as my mothers wedding rings.

The will has not been probated, yet. Trust say we are to spit 50/50 and I do have an attorney acting on my behalf to demand an accounting and to enforce the 50/50 split.

Can I get briother for possible fraud and concealment since he has not cooperated in releasing accouting ( He hasn't even turned over the appraisal for the house) information and for failure to account for how funds were spent even though we intially agreed that the checking account the funds were in could stay in his name as opposed to becoming a "trust" account?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">