• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hire then Let Go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmpnj

I was hired in 11/2000 by a major company for a fulltime position.5 days after I started a rumor started
that the company was soliciting bids for a merger.Finally after 1 month the transaction transpired, thus I
will probably lose my job. My question is: I was never informed of these intentions during the interview process or after an offer was made.Do I have any legal recourse?I do know that after the sale was announced all candidates plus potential new hires were informed of this.

L

loku

Pendin merger

I don’t believe you have any legal recourse unless you were told that there were no merger plans or negotiations pending. Telling prospective employees and anyone else about pending mergers is usually very bad business strategy for a company, and it is probably a violation of the law—I believe it would be disclosure of insider information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">