• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully ticketed!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bongeri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.
My daughter was driving my car when she was pulled over for changing lanes without using the blinkers. The officer wrote her a ticket for "No Inspection" before he saw the sticker. It was not put in the usual place by the DMV inspecter because of the plastic coating on the inside of my windshield. The inspection stickers were ruining the coating in that corner so he put in on the side window on the drivers side. He said it was alright there and I shouldn't have a problem. I was stopped once because of that but didn't get a ticket because it isn't illegal, just unusual. The officer that stopped my daughter gave her the ticket anyway, even though he saw the sticker and noted that it is up to date and ok. He said that he was giving it to her, not because it was in violation of the law but because he had already written it out. Isn't it illegal to knowingly issue a bogus ticket? Now I have to plead "Not Guilty", take a photo of the sticker and show it in court. Is there nothing I can do? This is just wrong on so many levels. :mad:

seniorjudge

Q: Is there nothing I can do?

A: Plead "Not Guilty", take a photo of the sticker and show it in court. In addition, I'd speak to the prosecutor about the cop; perhaps you may even want to file a complaint with the cop's boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">