• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

very bizzarre case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chayale

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am dealing with a situation where I have a a person out to get me. This person managed to get a restraining order against me by fraud. I do not know this person and only met her once over a year ago. She is a friend of an ex friend. She is harboring some incomprehensible animus and I'm being hurt beyond beleif.
I refuse to accept a fake restraining order. So, I appeal and I also find out that this miserable individual is defaming and trying to ruin my livelihood. So, I sue her. Soon thereafter I get a summons in the mail that I've violated this order. Now, I face criminal charges. I am broke. So, I have a PD. I send her mounds of beyond compelling evidence as to my innocence in this matter. The PD still suggests that I take the "wonderful plea" offered-- informal diversion- just come back in a year and keep out of trouble.
I refuse to take any deal and she now has become hostile. I picked up my records yesterday and no motions of any kind have been filed after 3 months and countless pieces of evidence, witness testimony etc have been given her. I feel that with all the witnesses I have(total strangers to be btw) and all the evidence(showing that this is all a sham) I might just be better off pro per. I'm not a dummy and I'd be comfortable presenting my case. Help me out, free advice folks. All pro per stories seem to have dire endings. Any insight from anyone much appreciated.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am dealing with a situation where I have a a person out to get me. This person managed to get a restraining order against me by fraud. I do not know this person and only met her once over a year ago. She is a friend of an ex friend. She is harboring some incomprehensible animus and I'm being hurt beyond beleif.
I refuse to accept a fake restraining order. So, I appeal and I also find out that this miserable individual is defaming and trying to ruin my livelihood. So, I sue her. Soon thereafter I get a summons in the mail that I've violated this order. Now, I face criminal charges. I am broke. So, I have a PD. I send her mounds of beyond compelling evidence as to my innocence in this matter. The PD still suggests that I take the "wonderful plea" offered-- informal diversion- just come back in a year and keep out of trouble.
I refuse to take any deal and she now has become hostile. I picked up my records yesterday and no motions of any kind have been filed after 3 months and countless pieces of evidence, witness testimony etc have been given her. I feel that with all the witnesses I have(total strangers to be btw) and all the evidence(showing that this is all a sham) I might just be better off pro per. I'm not a dummy and I'd be comfortable presenting my case. Help me out, free advice folks. All pro per stories seem to have dire endings. Any insight from anyone much appreciated.
Did you have a question?

FlyingRon

If a judge issued it, it isn't fake and you are obliged to follow it until it is vacated.

What alleged violation of the order occurred? Why do you feel that you have not violated it?

seniorjudge

If a judge issued it, it isn't fake and you are obliged to follow it until it is vacated.

What alleged violation of the order occurred? Why do you feel that you have not violated it?
Yeah ... and where is the "bizarre" part?

This sounds like about a gazillion ones I have heard before.

chayale

thanks

I know it isn't fake but it's fraudulent and I'm working very hard on getting it voided. Nothing she said was true and she lied in a way that left a tremendous amount of ways to show that she wsa lying.

as for the "violation."She says I spoke to a friend and said "tell her(the false accuser) to drop the Restraining order." The judge who granted the order is corrupt and the lawyer of the false accuser are as high powered and notorious as it gets. The governer of CA is their client for pete's sake. Their is evidence of ex parte contact between the lawyer and the judge.

I did run into this friend and in the course of a prolonged conversation mentioned what was happening, but it was in no way something that any jury would find to be crime.

It's a mess and my PD doesn't seem to care one bit about doing the right thing.

chayale

Did you have a question?
I have too many question. But, at this point, I just want to know how to preserve my rights so as not to get railroaded again. Can going pro per at this stage ever be a good thing and doesn't the fact that they are offering me informal diversion suggest they don't have a case?

Thank you in advance.

chayale

ach

Yeah ... and where is the "bizarre" part?

This sounds like about a gazillion ones I have heard before.
Believe me if you knew the details of the case you'd see it's moved heavily into bizarre territory. There are new and strange developments constantly and it involves a z list celebrity who's best friends with a b celebrity, and the comedy world, and it is just all around madness.

Fact is I'm completely innocent and the state is going to have to put me on trial and I have so many witnesses and evidence that this low level misdemeanor trial is going to cost the taxpayers thousands and thousands of dollars because the state won't drop it and the PD doesn't make any effort to even show the discovery. I checked the complete file and over three months only motions to continue have been filed. the prosecution has nothing but a vague and confused sounding statement and an "investigation." that involved nothing but taking the word of an obviously biased and dishonest witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">