• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for illegal activity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kleighpaul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I was recently terminated from my job. I had stolen monies from a client, which was promptly replaced, but nonetheless it was illegal and unethical. Upon termination, I was asked to sign a form which stated I was resigning in lieu of being terminated due to proof that I had stolen monies. I was told if I did not sign the form the company would initiate a formal investigation. Should I have signed this form? I'm unsure what a formal investigation means. I'd like to put this behind me and begin a new. I'm thinking that by signing the form I could do that?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no one size fits all right or wrong answer to this question, but it sounds as if you were given a chance to resign in lieu of being fired and probably prosecuted. Which is more than you deserve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">