• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting will that was signed after my grandfather was not of sound mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kendrahayes

contesting will that was signed after my grandfather was not of sound mind
in the state of kansas is where I have the question
So my question is “are you saying that you can state that no person can contest the will and that statement hold up in a court of law”? The will also says that if anyone contests it they have to pay my aunts legal bills to fight the contest of the will. Is that legal?
My family is poor and from a small farming community - they have no means to fight her and pay her legal bills too but we can not stand for her robbing my grandma and forcing herself in-control of the entire estate.
my aunt who is my grandfathers daughter was given executer authority in this new (signed right before his death) for 15 to 20 years before he had named a different person in our family as his executer. The will she had him sign and then faxed to a different attorney than he had ever used previously was signed after many years of fighting cancer and several very hard years of chemo and other treatments which caused him to lose much of his normal mental function. I question if there is a way we can have it brought to light that she had him do this on his death bed at a time when he had a much diminished capacity of thought. My grandmother who has also struggled with mental illness was also to have signed the will though she protests that she did not and even went to this lawyer and told him she did not sign it. Several of the family members of mine were there and even with my grandmother saying she did not sign this will the layer would not give it to her. The will had not been filed at this point and the lawyer said he did not have it and that only my aunt (the one I was speaking of earlier stealing my grandmother blind) could have a copy of it.
Is there some way I can have this mental capacity thing looked into as I am concerned that my grandfather may have signed this will not knowing or understanding what it said. Also I am concerned as my aunt has access to medications that she may have been medicating my grandmother in an inappropriate way as to gain my grandmothers cooperation.
I was told yesterday the will had been filed and my family has basically been ripped apart. The changes I heard of yesterday not only effect my grandmother but my other aunts. They have now been cut completely out of the will and the family has been destroyed.
I am also concerned because it seems my aunt has been plotting this for a long time as she has stated that she has doctors statements that my grandmother was in sound mind when she signed the document. My grandmother has been medicated for social anxiety disorders and other mental problems since the 1960’s and has in no way ever been able to function outside of the home. She has been taken care of by my grandfather her entire life and know with him gone she stands to lose everything.
Another question I have I about my aunt medicating my grandmother. How do I go about having my aunt investigated for that as she is medical professional and I believe was abusing her access to narcotics to make my grandmother unable to mentally fight her where this is concerned. I also want to know if I can make it publicly known when I have my aunts involvement in medicating my grandmother investigated. Can I have the story published in a paper for instance legally and without doing anything illegal?

rowz

Only an atty. in the county that the will was/is filed will be able to helpou with your questions. You may be able to get a consultation without cost for him to hear you out and help you come to a decision.

Will contests are not cheap and from what I read here your chances of success when fighting this alone are not good.

Good luck with your search for a solution.

Do it quick and without delay. It will make the rest of 2009 a lot easier for all concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">