• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for been pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rrivera2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Utah
I was fired from my job do to attendance, that is what they said. I was never given a warning or anything, I was just fired. every one knows that every one calls off every week, some employees don't even show up for work and they just come back the next day and nothing is ever been said to them. After I got fired two of my co workers went and complaint to the manager and supervisor why they were been so unfair one of the supervisors said that they were trying to get rid of me as soon as they found out I was pregnant. Even when I stared asking to be transfer to another position because were I was the floor was wet all the time and I almost fell one day, they said to get better shoes I end up on the hospital because I was in so much pain from the day I slide on the wet floor. I took the note from the hospital and they did not want to take it and many other this that are too many to mention? was I discriminated for been pregnant?

wyett717

I was fired from my job do to attendance, that is what they said. I was never given a warning or anything, I was just fired. every one knows that every one calls off every week...
If you called out at least weekly, they have every right to fire you for poor attendance.

swrdmbo

"every one knows that every one calls off every week"

I find this comment hilarious. OP...do you seriously believe this?? I guess everyone must know it EXCEPT the people that really matter...namely...your former employers.

Well said wyett717.

OP...just in case you are confused...as to why you were terminated...reread wyett's post.

oh wow...and you're expecting...

ecmst12

If one of your supervisors really told you that you were fired BECAUSE of your pregnancy, that is illegal. Would that person be willing to testify to that in court?

swrdmbo

Supervisor did not tell OP anything...

"After I got fired two of my co workers went and complaint to the manager and supervisor why they were been so unfair one of the supervisors said that they were trying to get rid of me as soon as they found out I was pregnant"

Lots of luck with any of that testimony. Sorry OP...your attendance ( or lack thereof) record is more than just cause to fire you.

Hot Topic

No one needs to "warn" you about attendance. Claiming that others show up late or don't show up at all is the babbling of a big baby.

No supervisor is going to tell someone that they wanted to get rid of an employee because they were pregnant. Sue and ask the person to testify in court for you as to what the supervisor said and see how far it gets you.

pattytx

WHY were you calling off so often? Was it illness related to your pregnancy? If so, did FMLA apply?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">