• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suit against chain store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Enigma

I am writing on behalf of my elderly aunt and uncle. My uncle was wrongly accused of shopplifting by a clerk in a major chain store. He stated his innocense and asked to see some sort of proof for the store to make this accusation. They could not give him any. In the beginning he only wanted an appoligy but did not get one. He was accused and embarrassed in front of everyone within hearing distance in the store.
He hired an attorney for a retainer of $5oo.oo. This attorney did next to nothing and only gave many lame excuses to the family for taking so much time. After two years, this attorney told the family he didn't have time to handle my uncles case any longer. And now want's another $600.00, for his time and filing depositions.
Can you please advise us on how to proceed? I am writing from Oregon. Thank's

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">