• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interview with former employer outside of US, edd claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pa55ion

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) CA

I used to work for a US based company, publicly traded. I am now considering going back to work for them but based on the US market being flat they told me the only place they would need me is in APAC. They want to interview me for the job there. I am worried that if I take the plane ride out there for an interview it will compermise my ability to remain on my badly needed unemployment ins. Just try to get the CA EDD on the phone, I have tried for 2 weeks now so thought I would ask the forum. My guess is this, I can;t leave and if I do I lose my EDD claim. What would happen if I went out there for the interview then came back within 2 weeks. Even if I get the job out there I would come back to the states and stay here until 2 or so weeks to get packed and ready.

Regarding the whole "able to work at any time during your claim". I am not a lawyer although most of the last 15 years I have worked as a remote employee, so technically I could work on a days notice even if I was in Asia attending another interview. Anywhere I can access the internet, I can work. So my defense to that notion would be while it may hold up in more normal cases it does not in mine. But I wonder how much they like it when you split hairs...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">