• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

involuntary substance abuse treatment - minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vladtreps

Can I put my 17 yr. old son in a inpatient substance abuse program without his permission? At one point I was told the only way to 'force' him into treatment would be to go through the court system by having him arrested. We live in Illinois. If I can get him there, can they force him to stay there. I guess that is the question.

Thanks.

CdwJava

yes, the only (legal) way to do it is by getting him court arrested and then court ordering him to get into rehab. but there is also two side to it. if he gets arrested at such a tender age, the fear of law may get erased from his mind. which will be not an intelligent thing to do. the correct way is to take to to counselling first, and then do anything else

JWP
--------
"ucalyptus: the software people"
www.ucalyptus.com
[email protected]
Club, this post is more than 7 years old!

Please read the dates of posts and keep responses to more recent postings.

Thank you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">