• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you be fired after hurting yourself on the job?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhask6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was fired from my job of 10.5 years, 3 months after filing a Worker's Comp. claim for a back injury sustained on the job. My employer did not follow the Termination Policy listed in our policy and procedures handbook and I was told by my direct supervisor, that the owner of the company, might be considering me a liabillity, due to my back injury. I was told that my current position was being terminated, however I was not offered any other position within the company. (positions that I had done and received nothing but positive comments about over the last 10 years) Was this illegal and do I have grounds for a lawsuit?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">