• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company does not have opening in another city,can i get unemploynment benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sakae

Hello everyone,this is my case, im living in Fort Myers,FL and with 3 kids ,by myself and of
course the cut of the hours in my job place, i have to move to Miami with my aunt. Ill already try to get a transfer for my company,but they do not have any openings at this moment in any of their branches.Even with that ill still active in the company system for the next 11 months. Another thing, i dont have baby sitter for 3 kids,honestly i can't afford one. My question is,since then doesnt have anything for me (in the company),can i collect unemploynment benefits? Its a valid reason that i dont have who take care of my kids? if any one knows it will be helpfull for me. Thanks

ecmst12

You can file for unemployment of course, the state will decide whether you qualify or not. If your hours were cut due to slow business, that's a qualifying reason. Keep in mind that you must be available for work at all times in order to claim unemployment; if you have to stay home and care for your children, you can't be out looking for work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">