• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsbabygirl8251

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I have been with this company for a year. When I was hired I was put in a high shrink store. When it came to do the inventory the store went from losing 120,000.00 a year to 69,000.00. I then asked for a transfer to be closer to my home. A deposit came up missing. I had left early two days and was out two days of being sick. When my DM called me and I returned his call on that Friday he told me that the deposit was missing. I did everything that I could have done to help find this deposit. Well when he came in a that Monday I told him that I had been to the bank and that I looked throught the tapes. This was after he didnt return my phone call. Well they suspended me pending a investigation. No one from the company talked to me or even called me. After two weeks ofd be suspended they fired me. Can you plase advise me on a way to go with this. They said that because I was the store manager I failed to protect compny assets

pattytx

There is no "way to go". A wrongful termination, legally speaking, is not one where you are accused of something you didn't do, however unfair you think that accusation might be. The employer is not a court of law and the "rules of evidence" do not apply. File for unemployment immediately, if you have not already done so.

If your question is, "Do I have a wrongful termination suit?", then the answer is no.
Wait a minute. I'm being attacked in a thread about two door down for someone who wasn't even fired. She just didn't get the job they offerred. You might wanna check that thread as they are claiming there are attorneys out there that'll take cases like this on CONTINGENCY!

Just don't come back whining to me because I know that's not true.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're misquoting. What was said is that there are attorneys who will provide free consultations. Which is a fact. Many will. But that is a far cry from saying that an attorney will take a case on contingency.

A wrongful termination exist when, and only when, a specific law or public policy is violated by the termination. It does not mean that you were fired for something you did not do.

tsbabygirl8251

So by me being fired for someone elses wrong doing I have to suffer? The unemployment doesnt even come close to what I was making and they are telling me that it takes about eight weeks. I have tried to find a job but in todays economy it is a slow process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">