• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jusdame

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I've been working for a company as a supervisor for over 4 years and my employment was terminated as of today. For the first three years with the company I had not received any written or verbal warnings for my job performance or violating company policy. Over a year ago I was written up and transferred to a different branch for violating company policy. Since then I had not received any other warnings either written or verbal about any violation of company policy till my termination today. I understand that under Ohio law my employment is at the will of the employer and I wanted to know if I would qualify for unemployment benefits? Thank you in advance for any advice.

mlane58

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I've been working for a company as a supervisor for over 4 years and my employment was terminated as of today. For the first three years with the company I had not received any written or verbal warnings for my job performance or violating company policy. Over a year ago I was written up and transferred to a different branch for violating company policy. Since then I had not received any other warnings either written or verbal about any violation of company policy till my termination today. I understand that under Ohio law my employment is at the will of the employer and I wanted to know if I would qualify for unemployment benefits? Thank you in advance for any advice.
You have to apply and only the state can determine if you will qualify. What's the title of your thread "Workers Compensation" have to do with this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">