• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Bearings Replaced 2 in 17K miles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tbob

99 Suburban has had rear end bearings replaced twice. Once @ 4700 miles and again at 17,000 miles. At 32000 miles had differential fluid analyzed by independant lab and oil shows very high wear and levels of some metals. They recommend changing oil, but fluid only has 15000 miles on it. Rear differential fluid should not need to be changed but every 100,000 miles. Other problems have occurred in drive train. Pinion seal needed replaced between bearing replacement and drive shaft needs to be lubricated where it connects to transmission. I believe this should be considered a lemon but does not under Florida Law. The vehicle was purchased with 6700 miles from a dealer. GMC has been contacted and arbitration is about to be scheduled but the calculation used to purchase the vehicle back will only pay us considerably less than what the vehicle is worth in typical repair (ie. no mechanical problems). So if they buy it back they will make money and I'll loose money and I'm not the one who made the vehicle. So, arbitration seems like a waste of time and I do not want to sell the car to someone without them knowing of the problems with the car. I'm not sure of my next step. GMC has verbally offered a 75,000 mi. extended warantee which is OK but that does not fix the problem. Looking forward to advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">