• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MStra29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

First of all i always park in back of my house instead of on my street cause the cops in my neighborhood are strict. I parked outside on the street because my back lot was full. I received a ticket for failure to display current license plate and tabs. I paid everything and my up to date plates are displayed in the back window. Is this a valid place to put them? I figure i will take a picture and go appear in court it just seems like a lot of hassle for one parking cops mistake.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OP hasn't received a ticket for the current placement of his license plates (yet).

MStra29

Apparently no?

There is no possibility that he just didn't see them? If you are correct then i can't even argue in court. Can you be less generalized?

seniorjudge

OP hasn't received a ticket for the current placement of his license plates (yet).
What do you think this means?

I received a ticket for failure to display current license plate and tabs. I paid everything and my up to date plates are displayed in the back window. Is this a valid place to put them? I figure i will take a picture and go appear in court it just seems like a lot of hassle for one parking cops mistake.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think the OP didn't have the tags displayed and/or they were expired so he was ticketed for that.
OP went in and paid for his registration to be up to date and now wants to place the CURRENT plates in the back window.

That's how I read it...

ETA: Ok, I slowed down and read the OP AGAIN. My understanding is probably wrong.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

First of all i always park in back of my house instead of on my street cause the cops in my neighborhood are strict. I parked outside on the street because my back lot was full. I received a ticket for failure to display current license plate and tabs. I paid everything and my up to date plates are displayed in the back window. Is this a valid place to put them? I figure i will take a picture and go appear in court it just seems like a lot of hassle for one parking cops mistake.
zig and i is confused ... not hard to do.

tell us what you is talking about ...

MStra29

I had the plates and tabs paid for prior to the ticket. When i received the ticket i had the current license plate displayed in the back window. I have postponed putting on the new ones until i have money to fix my bumpers. A man dropped his cellphone and hit me in the back while picking it up. My back plate is wedged in and the bolts are mangled and i don't have a front. So BOTH front and back license plates are in the back window, current, and up to date.

xylene

Bottom line.

Plates must be affixed to the outside of the vehicle as prescribed by law.

Inside the vehicle, behind glass, is not proper display.

Generally speaking, any covering of a plate is improper display of one kind or another. And a window is a cover

seniorjudge

Bottom line.

Plates must be affixed to the outside of the vehicle as prescribed by law.

Inside the vehicle, behind glass, is not proper display.

Generally speaking, any covering of a plate is improper display of one kind or another. And a window is a cover
I agree.

MStra29

they didn't. The reason is i ordered them on the dmv website and it never occurred to me to check if i could display them in the back window because it is my only option until i get my bumpers fixed.

Unless i used twisty ties, didn't think of that.

MStra29

Hmm...

Its funny you mentioned that because i just reattached my bumper with a drill and some screws. Again, much more helpful, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">