• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innocent but Charged and in Prison, Needs to be free!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KSines

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

My fiance was charged with aggravated sexual assault to a child by his ex-wife. He did not commit the crime but is in prison for it. When the charges were put on him, he ended up pleading guilty and taking probation because we did not have enough money to fight the case in court, his lawyers advised him that it would be the best thing to do because it was the easiest way out. What a lie, but whatever. Well, he did good on probation for the first year and then missed a probation appt and had one less hour of community service than he was supposed to up to that point. He also had failed all 3 of the lie detector tests he had taken, which were all administered by the same person and place. The judge was angry and sentenced him to 10 years with possible parole in 5 years. When he first went to prison, his father and I hired a different lawyer to help us out but he gave up on the case after a month or so, we hired another lawyer who gave up the first week. My fiance has now been in prison since March 22, 2007, almost 2 years. Is there any hope, or any way to set him free. An innocent person does not deserve to be in prison, especially when he has children and a family out here who love him and need him. What do I do?

Silverplum

My fiance was charged with aggravated sexual assault to a child by his ex-wife. He did not commit the crime but is in prison for it. When the charges were put on him, he ended up pleading guilty and taking probation because we did not have enough money to fight the case in court, his lawyers advised him that it would be the best thing to do because it was the easiest way out. What a lie, but whatever. Well, he did good on probation for the first year and then missed a probation appt and had one less hour of community service than he was supposed to up to that point. He also had failed all 3 of the lie detector tests he had taken, which were all administered by the same person and place. The judge was angry and sentenced him to 10 years with possible parole in 5 years. When he first went to prison, his father and I hired a different lawyer to help us out but he gave up on the case after a month or so, we hired another lawyer who gave up the first week. My fiance has now been in prison since March 22, 2007, almost 2 years. Is there any hope, or any way to set him free. An innocent person does not deserve to be in prison, especially when he has children and a family out here who love him and need him. What do I do?
He pled guilty. There's nothing else to say, except, RUN. Run far, run fast, run now.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your "innocent" BF ADMITTED to the charge. :rolleyes: Sounds to ME like's he's right where he should be!

You need to find a new BF - get out now while he's in prison!

xylene

NEVER plead guilty to a crime you did not commit.

NEVER EVER plead guilty to a sex crime.

KSines

Thanks a lot, we know this now. But my question isn't what we should have done or should not have done. My question is what do i do now that i know and now that it is too late? If i could get his ex-wife to say that she lied would that help? What would happen then?

seniorjudge

Thanks a lot, we know this now. But my question isn't what we should have done or should not have done. My question is what do i do now that i know and now that it is too late? If i could get his ex-wife to say that she lied would that help? What would happen then?
Answer:

He pled guilty. There's nothing else to say, except, RUN. Run far, run fast, run now.

Hope that helps.

Zigner

You already got your answers:

Your "innocent" BF ADMITTED to the charge. :rolleyes: Sounds to ME like's he's right where he should be!

You are not a party to this.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
He was accused.
He failed three lie detector tests.
He pled guilty.
He violated his probation.
Three lawyers have given up on him.

Question: How do you get him out of prison? Answer: You don't.

cyjeff

okay, time for a visit from Unca Jeffy....

I know you love him.

However, you have to be prepared to face the truth you have refused to face. He plead guilty in open court... he has failed lie detector tests....

Lawyers don't walk away from paying cases unless there is NO reason to proceed forward... and you have had TWO walk out on you.

Face it... your fiancee molests children. He is where he belongs. When he gets out, he will have trouble finding any paycheck that doesn't depend on the weather and the clock.

You really need to move on... especially if you have or want to have children.

KSines

You know, for once I wish people would step outside their world and really see the truth. Really see the good in people, fight for something. Everybody judges when they shouldn't. I know what the situation sounds and looks like, I've lived it for 3.5 years! I've lived it crying and praying and begging, I've lived it alone and with two children by a man that the world has deemed guilty and one of the worst people alive but I know the truth! People make mistakes and we have made them the whole way through this but that doesn't deserve even one day in prison! Thank all of you for, once again, showing me that there really is no heart in this world.

seniorjudge

You know, for once I wish people would step outside their world and really see the truth. Really see the good in people, fight for something. Everybody judges when they shouldn't. I know what the situation sounds and looks like, I've lived it for 3.5 years! I've lived it crying and praying and begging, I've lived it alone and with two children by a man that the world has deemed guilty and one of the worst people alive but I know the truth! People make mistakes and we have made them the whole way through this but that doesn't deserve even one day in prison! Thank all of you for, once again, showing me that there really is no heart in this world.
Here's the truth:

CourtClerk

When it's your child being raped and assaulted, we'll see if you have the same thought process. If you do, then I hope you NEVER procreate.

The only thing wrong with this situation is that your little boyfriend only got 10 years. Should have been at least twice as long.

cyjeff

When it's your child being raped and assaulted, we'll see if you have the same thought process. If you do, then I hope you NEVER procreate.

The only thing wrong with this situation is that your little boyfriend only got 10 years. Should have been at least twice as long.
Are you kidding?

The judge let him out on probation... the only reason he got 10 was because he violated probation...

Zigner

Everybody judges when they shouldn't. ...the world has deemed guilty...
He ADMITTED to it. There is nothing to "judge" and I don't have to deem him guilty, as he has already ADMITTED his guilt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">