• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a misdemeanor exspunged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jengirl

I was charged with a misdemeanor in Mississippi about 7 yrs ago and would like to get it exspunged. Is this something that I can do without an attorney?? I have seen online companies that say they can clear your record of misdemeanors for around 300$ whereas attorneys charge 1500 and up which I dont have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FlyingRon

A first offense misdemeanor is expungable in Miss. It looks like a pretty straightforward filing. I'd call around lawyers in the vicinity of the court you were tried in. You might even inquire at the courthouse if they have anybody there who might help you on a self file.

wadebl

setfree

I have a mideamenor on my record for simple sexual assault in 2002. This was my first offense after pledding to no lo contender on the advice of my lawyer and serve 2 years probation. Everything completed. Can I have this record expunged, if not now can I ever? This has cause me to lose a job and is hindering me from being hired at even the lowest jobs such as McDonalds. I live in PA.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

As far as criminal charges, nolo is like pleading guilty, it only gets you a break if there is a civil proceeding accompanying the trial.

If you were convicted in PA, there's no expungement until you turn 70 or die.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">