• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Law advice about being fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

h3spul7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona is where i live.. So my friend was fired from there job for using profanity infront of some person.. not a customer.. no one was in the store.. but it was about a customer. so she was terminated which is legal i know. But the thing about this is.. her managers use profanity and have sworn about customers and other emploeyes who swear more than my friend and cuss about customers way more. I asked on another thread.. yahoo.. not the best sources.. and everyone was stop complainging or just get another job. But i want a serious answer here. How is it not ilegal for all of these people to not be fired for being more profane and worse than my friend and they are the one who got fired.. there has to be some legal action that can be taken to fix this.. i mean.. i would think they would all need to be fired or something.. i just cant see how its not illegal. my friend works for papajohns. ive read the manual and says cussing about emploeyes customers and what not goes against there cod of conduct.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How is it not ilegal for all of these people to not be fired for being more profane and worse than my friend and they are the one who got fired..

It is not illegal because there is no law that says non-management employees have to be treated the same as management employees.

there has to be some legal action that can be taken to fix this..

No, there doesn't.

i mean.. i would think they would all need to be fired or something..

Then you would be wrong.

i just cant see how its not illegal.

That is because you do not understand the difference between legal discrimination and illegal discrimination. It is illegal if it is based on a characteristic protected by law. It is legal if it is based on a characteristic not protected by law. Management/non-management is NOT a characteristic protected by law. Therefore it is legal to treat them differently.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ahh, you want a SERIOUS answer...

Well, I'd suggest to stop complaining and get another job.
Nothing illegal occurred.

Seriously

cyjeff

Darn it...

I had silly, snarky, repetitive, abusive and lethargic responses all ready... but not a single serious one.

Oh well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">