• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Fired!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lzurinsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

In May 2007 I was in a motorcycle accident and was disabled but getting better. Went back to my job but not the same position within 5 months. I was even getting the same pay up until December 08. My employers came to me in November 08 and said since I am no longer able to do my job (doctor released me in early 08 but my employer will not let me do it) I was getting a 23% pay cut. Since then I ended up in jail for something relating to my son's mother. I am on work release but can not leave my place of employment while out on work release. So my employer came to me today and told me since I was hired in as a tech and no longer able to do that job (they won't let me) and I was driving but I can not leave I was fired. Is this considered discrimination?

lzurinsky

Real funny! How professional! And you call yourself a seniorjudge. No wonder the judicial system is screwed up!

cyjeff

Real funny! How professional! And you call yourself a seniorjudge. No wonder the judicial system is screwed up!
People discriminate every day.

You discriminated decided to log onto this forum as opposed to another.

However, most discrimination isn't illegal. It is perfectly legal to decide that a tech that is legally bound to not leave the office is too large a burden to the organization.

Or, more precisely, it is legal to decide that you couldn't do your present job... they do NOT have to give you your old job back because it fits in better with your court ordered detainment.

You lose.

lzurinsky

That is all I was asking. Didn't need the unprofessional remarks that were made. People come to this forum looking for advice. Hopefully someone mature and professional will answer. I guess not in my case.

Antigone*

That is all I was asking. Didn't need the unprofessional remarks that were made. People come to this forum looking for advice. Hopefully someone mature and professional will answer. I guess not in my case.
SJ didn't do anything unprofessional. You asked the questions ~ he gave you the accurate answers. This is a website that offer's free advice. I'm sorry if the chuckle I got at your expense hurt your feelings.

Antigone*

It didn't hurt my feelings. But making jokes at others expense is very JUVENILE!!
It is Friday... and I am keeping to tradition (banker's hours:)) so if you consider that Juvenile, then I'm okay with that. HAPPY HOUR ANYONE???

and yes...it was free so how expensive can that be. :D

cyjeff

It didn't hurt my feelings. But making jokes at others expense is very JUVENILE!!
Says the man that basically called the judge a "poopy head" and said it was his fault the entire judicial system was screwed up.

I certainly understand, however, how a guy that is on work release feels about that...

SOOOOO... what did you do to your ex and/or kid?

lzurinsky

Says the man that basically called the judge a "poopy head" and said it was his fault the entire judicial system was screwed up.

I certainly understand, however, how a guy that is on work release feels about that...

SOOOOO... what did you do to your ex and/or kid?
I didn't do anything to my son! or my ex! That is irrelevant! And I didn't call the judge a "poopy head" and I do feel the judicial system is messed up. And I didn't BLAME it ALL on the JUDGE. But if this JUDGE is like this when he/she takes the bench then I would say that he/she would have something to do with it.

Antigone*

I didn't do anything to my son! or my ex! That is irrelevant! And I didn't call the judge a "poopy head" and I do feel the judicial system is messed up. And I didn't BLAME it ALL on the JUDGE. But if this JUDGE is like this when he/she takes the bench then I would say that he/she would have something to do with it.
Sorry SJ... I started all this...just call me Pandora.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">