• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful entry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karyn Davies

in the state of illinois, can the police force their way into our home without a warrant on the suspion of abuse knowing that the supposed person was not home? They did not even do a complete search, just looked in rooms, not in closets or in the garage. They throw my boyfriend against the wall and searched him also. He told them repeatedly that they could not enter the home and that I was not home. thanks.

racer72

If the police are looking for someone, they may enter a home to look for the person. They cannot search for evidence or look for anything that can be used against you in court. That would require a search warrant. If the police suspect you of child abuse, I applaud them for their actions.

calatty

Not so. The police always need a warrant to enter a home unless 1) they have consent, or 2) there are exigent circumstances, i.e. a real emergency. It sounds like they had neither in this case. You can file a complaint against them.

K

Karyn Davies

Thank you both for your opinion. It was not for child abuse and it states that you should be considerate, respectful and polite with your reply. How dare you make any accusations. Thanks your opinions they are very much appreciated, and keep your applause, I would never hurt my 17 year old son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">