• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NOT SERVED; HOME FORECLOSED @ NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ecampx

Legal Issue: I was having problems with a New Home Construction. I was not able to close on my Construction Loan, because the Home Dealer claimed that I owed them money, because they went over the set amount stated in our contract. While I was having problems with the Home/Dealer the following took place without my knowledge:

1). The Construction Lender(Located in PA) hired their lawyer in my Home State (Charlotte, NC)

2). The Construction Lender was in the process of foreclosing my house.

3). The Construction Lender's Lawyer served the court papers to the wrong address and we never knew or had the opportunity to be heard.

4). The Construction Lender's Lawyer was sending me non-certified mail to the wrong address.

5). As as result of the above, I found out after-the- fact (Last week) that my house was sold at the court house without my knowledge.

6). I also found that the Home/Dealer purchased my Home at the Court house steps.

Can anybody give Advice on what to do. I'm located in Winston-Salem, NC and the Construction Lender is located in Philadelphia. The Home/Dealer is located in NC.

Please respond.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">