• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So is it possible to call the county attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikki0120

I know the the sentence I could be facing...this is a simple assault charge...so is it possible to call the county attorney myself and negotiate a deferred judgement for a guilty plea, without getting a lawyer?

CdwJava

I know the the sentence I could be facing...this is a simple assault charge...so is it possible to call the county attorney myself and negotiate a deferred judgement for a guilty plea, without getting a lawyer?
That depends on the charge, your state, and the local DA. Many county DAs are not going to speak to a defendant directly without the benefit of counsel.

- Carl

SIN EATER

After you appear in court and state that you represent yourself, then the Prosecutor can speak with you about an offer.

Before you are officially proceeding pro per/pro se, it may appear to be intimidation by the Prosecutor to offer a deal [plead, or else ...] & if you are represented by counsel, it is an ethical violation to communicate with you, & most Prosecutors want you to realize you have the right to take the case to a jury trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">