• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BECKY76957

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was Non- tenured Public school teacher who has been regulary harrased and threatened by the Superintendent for the last 3 years over personal issues and the fact that I won't lie to the community. In Novemebr I sent an email to a teacher as a parent from my home computer. i admit the email was not nice , but it was non threatening. The Super ahd this teacher have me arrested for aggrevated harrasment 2nd because the email was deemed annoying. This all took 1 month to happen. Dec 8th I was forced to sign a resignation under threat of having my certiification revoked. This was the day after I was arrested. I was only given 1 hour to decide. Is it possible to have a forced resignation overturned?

JETX

Is it possible to have a forced resignation overturned?
Possible?? Yes.
Likely in this case?? Very VERY unlikely. Especially unless you are willing to spend several thousands of dollars in legal fees..... and have your 'not nice' email made public.

Perky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was Non- tenured Public school teacher who has been regulary harrased and threatened by the Superintendent for the last 3 years over personal issues and the fact that I won't lie to the community. In Novemebr I sent an email to a teacher as a parent from my home computer. i admit the email was not nice , but it was non threatening. The Super ahd this teacher have me arrested for aggrevated harrasment 2nd because the email was deemed annoying. This all took 1 month to happen. Dec 8th I was forced to sign a resignation under threat of having my certiification revoked. This was the day after I was arrested. I was only given 1 hour to decide. Is it possible to have a forced resignation overturned?
Even if you COULD have it overturned, you would certainly not be asked back for the following year. Or, the district would begin termination procedures immediately after reinstatement. So, what's the point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">