• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of probation charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

graysontn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?I live in Tennessee and I was just arresed for theft under 500 dollars, Im innocent and the retailer is going to court with me and heis not pressing charges. Im on probation in another county. What kind of jail time and charges will I recieve for violating my probation? Could I be charged with the theft even though the store owner is not pressing charges? Thanx!

BL

There's a difference between being innocent , and the retailer deciding not to go through with prosecuting you .

So ,what's the scoop , you innocent all together ?

Have you been charged with PO violation ?

joeyd1266

if your proved to be innocent then there is no finding that you violated your probation !! simple as that.

If you were on probation and you had violated it during your probation period you could be put in jail for the remainder of your probation period. However this will be up to your probation officer and what happens at the probation hearing if it goes that far.

I have seen people screw up 2 or 3 times before they were put in jail for violation or probation with cool probation officers. Its a crap shoot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">