• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC will definitely make money this way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teebees

Hi,

Following is the google map street view link of the place where I got a no standing busstop ticket in NYC. This place is opposite to 43-43 Kissena Blvd in Flushing, NY. Can the jeep in the picture get a No standing busstop ticket?

You can see that the jeep is parked but half of it is after the post where the parking sign is shown but still within the curb limits and not blocking the entrance to the building.

43-43 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY - Google Maps

You Are Guilty

Not only "can" it, by the fact that you're posting, it obviously did. And rightfully so. A bus stop in NYC exists from the bus stop until the next regulatory sign. In this case, the next sign would be the one that you parked half in front of.

Of, and I doubt Skyline Towers cares if you block their driveway or not as it has no bearing on where the bus stop legally ends.

If you search this site, you'll find the list of information that has to be correct on the ticket for it to be enforceable. Absent that, I'm not sure if bus stop tickets qualify for settlements, but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck.

teebees

Thanks

The jeep in the picture is not mine but I got the ticket parking in exactly the same spot.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

FlyingRon

What makes you think this is tricky or unclear? A bus zone or other no parking sign has nothing to do with the driveway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">