• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What kind of lawyer do i need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My daughter went to live with dad because we had some arguments. It made dad mad and now he is accusing me of abuse and now trying to take my other child away from me. A GAL is involved and i have NEVER in my life abused my children. The abuse he is saying is screaming at my kids, making them pick up their clothes, getting on my child about her friends. What kind of lawyer can i get to sue him for slander and would i have a case? They are going into my kids school and questioning them. Now they will think i abused my child. What can i do?

JETX

First, based on your post, I believe you have NO case for slander.

Second, it sounds like you will need to go back to the original court for an order to amend or change your existing agreement. If you can show the court that the 'ex' is not in compliance with their order, or is 'harming' the children in his actions, the court could order him to cease.

However, I find it somewhat telling when you said, "A GAL is involved and i have NEVER in my life abused my children.". Assuming that this "GAL" is a girlfriend (and not some new-age slang), this is obviously more than just the children that you are concerned about.

Steve H

I meant Guardian At Litem... GAL During our first meeting she treated me awful, snapped at me, and was very rude. So without even doing her investigation she has already treated me like i did abuse my kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">