• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public urination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I'm from Canada and I have been recently charged with public urination. I have to go to court January 30th 2009 and I've never had a record before in my life. I was just wondering what the best thing to do to avoid any jail time because I have a good career job and I'm attending college next fall. Is there any way to just get off with a fine? I really need this I'm worried about going to jail just for this only offence please help thanks Steve

publius

Please don't come across the border to pee...stay on your side of the line.
Good law school question: what if said Canadian DOES stay on his side of the border to pee, but the target of the urination is on our side. Minnesota does have a land border with Canada. ;)

Antigone*

Good law school question: what if said Canadian DOES stay on his side of the border to pee, but the target of the urination is on our side. Minnesota does have a land border with Canada. ;)
Well, I guess the caution about eating yellow snow would do very well in this case.:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Could that be considered an attack? ;)

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I'm from Canada and I have been recently charged with public urination. I have to go to court January 30th 2009 and I've never had a record before in my life. I was just wondering what the best thing to do to avoid any jail time because I have a good career job and I'm attending college next fall. Is there any way to just get off with a fine? I really need this I'm worried about going to jail just for this only offence please help thanks Steve
Urine a lot of trouble.

swrdmbo

Does anyone remember what happened to Jerry in the Seinfeld episode where he got cited for public urination in the parking garage???

He was asked the same question I must ask you OP .. " What were you thinking???"

Some Random Guy

" What were you thinking???"
More likely, it should be "What were you drinking???"

But what you really need to do is figure out exactly what statute you are charged under and look up the definitions here

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/search/?search=all&stat=1&laws=1&rule=1

and then verify that you were not charged under any offense that requies you to register as a sex offender (really).

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/cited-public-urination-minnesota-372457.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">