• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What exactly must be put on Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heckt54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I had an underage possession (Alcohol) charge I pled guilty to over the summer. I was wondering if I am required to put that on a application under criminal background check?

JETX

I had an underage possession (Alcohol) charge I pled guilty to over the summer. I was wondering if I am required to put that on a application under criminal background check?
If they ask if you have ever been charged or convicted, yes.

heckt54

so a misdemeanor underage possession of alcohol will show up on a background check even without finger prints?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It might. It might not. There is no one standard "background check" that will always show exactly the same thing. A background check is a deep or as shallow as the employer demands. They can do nothing but check whether you really did work at the last employer you said you did, or they can delve deep enough to find out what grade you got in Fingerpainting when you were in kindergarten. And if by chance they discover that you've lied on your application, you're out before you're in. (Or you're fired, either way.)

Many if not most employers will forgive a single youthful indiscretion. Few if any will forgive being lied to. Are you willing to take the risk?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">