• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony lowered to misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jesse S

California
I have a felony conviction of possession of stolen property. The judge told me that after 18 mos. of clean probation that I could have the case lowered to a misdemeanor.
How do I go about this? and is there a form or paper work that I can take care of myself?

joeyd1266

California
I have a felony conviction of possession of stolen property. The judge told me that after 18 mos. of clean probation that I could have the case lowered to a misdemeanor.
How do I go about this? and is there a form or paper work that I can take care of myself?

I would say to have it followed up by your probation officer or the clerks office but it will have to wait until your probation is complete.

In my situation I was charged with a&b and violation of a restraining order and did a 2 year probation and it was wiped out with a CWOF (Continued without a finding).

My happened automatically but you question should be easily answered by the clerks office at the court.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">