• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about parole hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeffeyner

Question- anyone with experience?

My brother is currently serving a 5 yr sentence for a class c felony. He has a 3 yr sentence that he's serving at the same time. He has a parole hearing coming up. I'm just trying to get an idea as to what to expect as far as time left. Alcohol was a contributing factor to the situation. My brother has heard everything from: he should expect 15%, 25%, treatment- etc. So many variables, I know. Any advice as to how much time we should expect?

Also, he has asked me to go to the parole hearing. What should I expect as to the process? Any advice on what he should say/do to get the best response possible from the board? Will I be playing any role in the hearing, or will I be there for support only?

Thanks!

publius

Question- anyone with experience?

My brother is currently serving a 5 yr sentence for a class c felony. He has a 3 yr sentence that he's serving at the same time. He has a parole hearing coming up. I'm just trying to get an idea as to what to expect as far as time left. Alcohol was a contributing factor to the situation. My brother has heard everything from: he should expect 15%, 25%, treatment- etc. So many variables, I know. Any advice as to how much time we should expect?

Also, he has asked me to go to the parole hearing. What should I expect as to the process? Any advice on what he should say/do to get the best response possible from the board? Will I be playing any role in the hearing, or will I be there for support only?

Thanks!
You really need to let us know what state and system he's serving in. There's no answer that will cover all states and the feds. Also, what was he convicted of, and what kind of prior record does he have?

Jeffeyner

He's in Missouri- sorry, I don't know what 'system' you mean- department of corrections? He's in a level 3 prison. Burglary, class C felony is what he's charged with. He received a charge about a year ago- but it was a misdemeanor. (sorry, I don't remember what the charge ended up being). It was a fight situation- assault or similar?

If there is additional info that I've left out, please let me know- and thanks for the response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">