• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparples

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA, Calif
I need to establish a Living Trust, however I have no family or trusted friend to name as executor. My bank does not provide this service.
The only lawyer I contacted said he would not agree to be executor.
I dont want my estate to go to the State.
What to do?

swrdmbo

If you are leaving your estate to someone ,maybe that person can be your executor.

If you are leaving your estate to a church,charity or whatever,maybe you can contact that group to see who may qualify, or what type set up they have for such things. I am not an attorney..my 2 cents

Maybe an attorney will will have a better answer.

curb1

You are looking for a "trustee", not an executor. If you have an associated will, then you would have an executor, or personal representative for the will. The Trust will have a "trustee". Who (or what) will be the beneficiary of your estate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">