• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jaywalking Technicality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TMBJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I got a jaywalking ticket. It was about midnight. The street was straight and wide; there was a clear view of traffic. Seeing none, I walked across. A cop car appears out of nowhere; he must have been parked with his lights off. Long story short, I was issued a ticket (though I suspect the cop was hoping that there was a warrant out for me). I was looking at it the next day, and I noticed that the officer did not fill in the spaces indicated for his name, badge number, and signature. Is this omission valid ground for attempting to get the ticket thrown out if I choose to challenge it in court?

The Occultist

For this kind of violation, you have nothing to lose (assuming you won't lose a day's wages) to try and fight it, so go for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">