• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shawnmarie

I'm in Illinois, work for major airline. Herniated disk on 11/4/98 @ work due to another worker's negligence w/overweight bag. Took phys. thrpy. for 4 mths. went back to work for 10 mths. with thrpy. and chiro. Unable to work anymore as of 3/14/00, and went to their Dr.who stated I was 100%, my Dr. refused to let me go back. They took my pay & benefits away. Had spinal fusion, disk removal on 11/13/00. Going thru phys. thrpy. now. My w.c. atty. went to hearing in Nov. while I was in hosp., the judge ordered my company's atty. to begin w.c. or long term disability pymts. and back pymts. immediately. They did and have not. Went to hearing last week, judge gave them another 2 weeks to find out why the company hasn't done it. I am fed up, and desperately need a paycheck,I pay $370.00 a month for health ins., and have NO savings left! Have spent almost $45,000.00 to live this past yr. with numerous medical bills. Can I sue them in addition to the w.c. claim? Has anyone out there had their pay taken away while injured? Plz. let me know. Thanks, Shawn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">