• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help !!!! Advise needed....I AM MAD...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robin Williams

I need some advise on how to file a slander...Defamation of character suit. I have spoke with several attorney's and they want way more money than i have. Please give me any advise that i can use for this. We have some neighbors that have said very many things about us in this community and at the store where she worked. It has gotten so bad that people in and around the community have litteraly stopped being around us. and all of this that is being said is false. I would like any information .....
Thank You...

JETX

I really don't know what you want us (forum members) to say.

You have already taken your claim to several attorneys in your area, and after discussing it with them, have either been advised that your claim is without legal merit (I assume this since no one is willing to contingency) or that you will have to pay on retainer.

Also, without knowing a lot of other facts about your case, you need to understand that 'talking' about someone, even false statements, are not legally actionable items... UNLESS you have been damaged in some way. So, unless you can show damages, you have little or no legal recourse anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">