• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkums123

I received a citation in mail today w/ fine for an overtimed parking meter. Even though the license plate # is correct, the color and make of the car is inaccurate. I don't remember being at that street on that day. I didn't get the orginal tkt either. I am assuming the officer wrote the wrong license plate #. It's a shame that I have to take a day off to go to the court to defend for something i haven't done. I sent the 'plead not guilty' portion. What are the chance that this will be dismissed?

You Are Guilty

I received a citation in mail today w/ fine for an overtimed parking meter. Even though the license plate # is correct, the color and make of the car is inaccurate. I don't remember being at that street on that day. I didn't get the orginal tkt either. I am assuming the officer wrote the wrong license plate #. It's a shame that I have to take a day off to go to the court to defend for something i haven't done. I sent the 'plead not guilty' portion. What are the chance that this will be dismissed?
They range from 0 to 100%.

Good luck.

patstew

I received a citation in mail today w/ fine for an overtimed parking meter. Even though the license plate # is correct, the color and make of the car is inaccurate.
Is it significantly different? I mean, really, if it's Honda/Hyundai and gray/silver, for instance, then you're just being silly. I once had someone try to tell me her car wasn't red, it was garnet! :p

I don't remember being at that street on that day. I didn't get the orginal tkt either.
Don't even try this, that dog don't hunt.

I am assuming the officer wrote the wrong license plate #. It's a shame that I have to take a day off to go to the court to defend for something i haven't done. I sent the 'plead not guilty' portion. What are the chance that this will be dismissed?
You may not have to go to court. Is there a phone number on the communication you got? Did you call it? A simple registration check could solve this if the description is really off.

nikkums123

mine's a honda CRV light blue. it said Mitsubishi red. so ya it's significantly different. I am a nurse, and i was working on that day. so no i am not lying. either way thanks for all your advice. I called the #, they said i'd have to face the judge. It's amazing how the law works.

cyjeff

Like all humans, ticket writers make mistakes.

Yes, it sucks when you get caught by the gears, but look at it as the price for living in a free society.

If you are going to take a day off, may I make a suggestion? Make it a learning experience. Watch the other cases and see how the judge reacts to different cases and different excuses and/or stories.

It will help significantly when you get your next legitimate ticket!

efflandt

When you posted, why did you delete the question asking for the name of your state? Although, parking tickets are more local matters (unless you fail to pay them too long).

When I got notice from City of Chicago about an unpaid parking ticket, it did not even have a vehicle description (just plate#). I wrote them back asking for a description of the vehicle, along with a description of mine, and that my sales records showed I was in OH that day. Never heard back from them.

While some mistakes can be made for colors due to weather or color blindness, it's a shame you have to go to court for an obviously different vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">