• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination. Where can I file complain?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katewmia

I was treminated form a Job for a price adjustment by using coupon. My co-worker did the price adjustment for me with manager approval. Now the company terminated me for violating rule. They said I am not suppose to do that which I did not know but co-worker did the price adjustment for me after manager gave ok.Do I have a right to file complain? If I do then where?

Last edited:

mommyof4

This is nowhere close to the definition of 'wrongful termination'. Unfair (whether it was or wasn't I will not judge) is not 'wrongful'.

katewmia

I don't know what to call worngful or unfair but they use the word you are terminated for violating rule. but how did i violate the rule when I got ok form the manager. they should know better.

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Because unless you're in Montana, you live in an "at-will employment" state which gives your employer the right to fire you for any reason not otherwise prohibited by law. What you have posted is not otherwise prohibited by law.

There are exceptions to the doctrine of at-will employment, but what you have posted does not appear to be covered by any of them.

Termination doesn't have to be fair, it just has to be legal. Apparently, yours was legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do. It means you were fired for a reason prohibited by law.

While this may have been an unfair reason to term you, they are not prohibited by law from doing so in these circumstances. Therefore, this is not a wrongful term.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Clt747 said UNLESS you're in Montana. The poster has not said what state she's in.

katewmia

Sorry I was not online.Lets forget the word I used "wrongful termination". I did not know the correct term to use. Like I mentioned I did received manager approval and did it. Its New Jersey.

Last edited:

mommyof4

Sorry I was not online.Lets forget the word I used "wrongful termination". I did not know the correct term to use. Like I mentioned I did received manager approval and did it. Its New Jersey.
You still have no legal recourse. While the firing may be unfair, you may have had permission to buy out the store for all I know, it was NOT a firing prohibited by any law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You still have no legal recourse. While the firing may be unfair, you may have had permission to buy out the store for all I know, it was NOT a firing prohibited by any law.
I would contend that it wasn't even unfair.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You might be thinking we're misunderstanding you because you're sure it's some kind of wrongful termination, and we're telling you it's not.

It's not illegal for them to fire you for something that is, essentially, unfair--except under other specific circumstances.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let me be blunt.

Your termination was legal. There is no agency to file a complaint with and no legal recourse to be taken.

I am not unsympathetic. But that is the legally correct answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">