• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about getting a job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

siriusfan13

This is for the state of Michigan.

I want to apply for a US Census job. The application has a background check, of course, and the only negative background I have to write down is from last year. I was guilty of driving without insurance (which is a misdemeaner). I paid a $200 fine for it.

The application says that I do not need to put down minor traffic violations with fines of under $300.

I guess my question is: Where does my situation fall? Do I have to write it down? The fine was under $300, and was a traffic violation... but would it be considered "minor" when it is a misdemeanor? I don't want to put it down if I don't have to, but at the same time, I don't want to NOT write it down if I do... Could somebody please help me? Or at least, does anyone know where I could find an answer to this? I tried my local courthouse and police station and no one knows. I'm getting frustrated.

Thanks so much!

SiriusWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Indiana Filer

This is for the state of Michigan.

I want to apply for a US Census job. The application has a background check, of course, and the only negative background I have to write down is from last year. I was guilty of driving without insurance (which is a misdemeaner). I paid a $200 fine for it.

The application says that I do not need to put down minor traffic violations with fines of under $300.
I would think that they don't require you to disclose traffic INFRACTIONS with fines of less than $300. Your offense was cited as a misdemeanor, which is a criminal charge.

I'd disclose it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">