• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC Safety Zone and/or defective date of offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scriber

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I got a ticket for Safety Zone. I presume the officer was talking about the line that preceded the crosswalk line. Although my front bumper was on top of the line; no part of my car was in front of the line and the adjacent curb. I was at least 6-7 feet away from the crosswalk. i have pictures i took with my cell. i was going to do a hearing by mail citing my defense and just noticed the date of offense was incorrect also. The ticket was given at 3:42am! But the date listed on summons was of the day before. i was reading that they might dismiss based on defective ticket. Is the wrong date of offense grounds for dismissal? Should i bother to go to the hearing office in person?

FlyingRon

Time errors on the citation will not invalidate them.

The safety zone is a painted area in the middle of a street for pedestrians to wait when crossing. It is NOT the crosswalk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">