• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need your advise on my situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vespinosa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
MARYLAND

I have been laid off, I worked 12.5 years and I am getting only 5 weeks severance, payable as my salary until February 6th, the Company still owes me 16 weeks vacation time and salary, also expenses while traveling and working for them. All other peers were severed better either with relocating them into other partner Companies and or 6 months in advance notice so they would be able to find other jobs besides diffrerent severance packages, I feel Discriminated and feel I have the right to better severance package. Also while traveling I injured one hand and since it is dammaged it is my left hand wrist and thumb due to ligament injuries. It happened in a foreign Country while working for them three years ago.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Beth3

Unless you were offered a less generous severance package because of your race, gender, age, religion, national origin or some other protected characteristic, then nothing prohibited has occurred.

Also while traveling I injured one hand and since it is dammaged it is my left hand wrist and thumb due to ligament injuries. It happened in a foreign Country while working for them three years ago. I trust you notified your employer and treatment of your injuries was paid by their worker's compensation carrier, along with any Permanent Partial Disability payment you were due.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">