• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No response from employer...please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SEEMA NAAZ

Dear all,

i am seema, a fresher and completed masters in social work from new delhi,india.

A uk based organisation/ngo visited my university in may 2008 for campus placements and i got job offer from them in the month of june'08. I was asked to accept the offer via e-mail or in written, no time limit was given. I accepted the offer via e-mail within a week time and the mail was successfully delivered. In the offer letter it was mentioned that after i complete the formalities the employer will contact me.

In november 2008, i successfully completed all the formalities over which i spent all my savings. After sending them mails when i did not receive any reply from their end, i called them and the m.d of the organisation said that they have not received my acceptance for the offer. He asked me to send acceptance once again and i did the same, after which they sent me a mail that, we will get back to you regarding the updated decision of management in december'08. I could not receive any reply since then and have been trying to contact them but they are not responding.

Earlier, i was thinking that it might be due to economic meltdown...but, they are still hiring new people/social workers. During january as well 2 new social workers joined the organisation.

I am feeling helpless now. I gave my 3 months to collect documents to complete the formalities asked by them. And now they are not giving me any reply.

I could not even think that a reputed employer would be involved in such unethical practices. I am feeling annoyed and being betrayed.

I do not know , what to do...whom should i approach?

Please guide me!!!
Please help!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I KNOW ..YOU MUST BE THINKING THAT WHY AM I ASKING YOU WHEN I AM NOT A CITIZEN OF US... BUT, THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM I KNOW..I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT A UK BASED FORUM.

CAN I EXPECT SOME HELP???

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">