• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alp sipahioglu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
my mother left everything in her will to my brother and there are 3 other siblings, are we able to fight this and if so what are the immediate steps we need to take to do so?

FlyingRon

If your mother was competent to make such a will and not under any special duress, you're out of luck. You have no "right" to an inheritance.

rowz

google: contesting a will in Ohio... & see what it says about this topic.

After deciding what you & your "squibblings" think is the grounds [valid reasons] that you all can mount a contest you can then consult a couple of lawyers in the area that the will was filed for [and do not forget to bring a copy of the will] a consultaion as to your chances for success.

Once you all decide on a lawyer, bring a check...for about 5 to 10K to get started and do not forget your patience. It'll take arounf 18-24 months with no guaranty of success. Oh, and after the 10K & year-and-a-half or more you will be ready to go to trial.

Go ahead.....ask me how I know. :(

BTW - do not forget what Flying Ron had to say in his response to you. He is right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">