• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laid Off Due To Unfairly Written Performance Review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

At the end of the 3rd quarter my department had management change, so the annual review was written by 2 managers - the old manager covered the first 3 quarters, gave me fairly good remarks (he also gave me good remarks the prior year), the new manager covered the last quarter, gave me quite negative remarks. My job duties did not change in the last quarter, nor my work ethics.

This unfairly written performance review I believe constituted the base for my lay off when the company announced Reduction In Force.

Do I have a case?

pattytx

This unfairly written performance review I believe constituted the base for my lay off when the company announced Reduction In Force.
Or it could be because you wore purple socks. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">