• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being slandered by person I use to work with

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlindseth

I live in the state of Montana.....
My former employers daughter (who got my position) has been slandering me for months, saying I was not qualified to do my job and they were trying to get rid of me for months. I can't afford a lawyer, because I am still unemployed, and I know she doesn't have the money for one either. I just want her to stop talking about me in such a negative way. What can I do about this? As I said, it has been going on for months. Thank you, tlindseth

JETX

Regretfully, just like when we were in grade school and someone said something about us that we didn't like, there is little you can do.

You can write the person a 'cease and desist' letter, asking that they discontinue the false accusations and statements. Or you can hire an attorney to write it for more 'weight'.

However, until such time as you are actually damaged (for example, lose a job offer due the false statements), there is no legal process that you can take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">