• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

peice of mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mykaelb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Okay...about four years ago I was sentenced to ...length of sentence 30 days WCJ, sab 4 days, 18 months probation. I was ordered 20 hrs community service, and told to go treatment program. Also a grand total 966 dollars everything p.o. cost and fines. Now the sab days were 2 weekends then no more jail, after which i did not HAVE to go to the other 26 days. I did the community service but never turned in paper (which i still have) and never paid money or treatment. NOW, I got picked up the other week on warrant from them paid the fines as BOND, but i have court date.....How much jail can i get...26 days..or 18 months.
There was no new charge that im aware of, just a Probation hit...i suppose.
Please help!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

SIN EATER

Your jail potential is not, necessarily, limitied to your sentence.

It depends on the offense for which you were found guilty/pled no contest.

The charge, itself, determines the maximum amount of jail time for that offense.

mykaelb

I was convicted of Resisting arrest....and the sentence was as stated above.
Now in most places ive heard I cannot recieve more then the jail time.said....30 days...meaning if i violated any of the rules in 18 months ..they could bring me back and give me the remaining 26 days....nothing can change that??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">