• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harrasment/discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darh0073

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was sexually harrased by a captian on a trip when i first started with Continental. I understand that i am out of my legal wrights to do anything about that now. My question is that in my arbitration it came to be understood that i recieved a level of discipline/sick call for meeting the base director in her office to discuss what happened on the trip. The captain was seated for a month and later fired for doing the same thing to other flight attendants.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My question is that the harrasement is now a current event even though the events took place in 200?
Harassment that took place over 1,800 years ago is DEFINITELY time-barred.

However, even if you meant 8 years ago - it's still too long.

darh0073

Of course i meant 2000. It just came up in an arbitration from which the records were previously lost that they used it to discriminate against me by issueing a level of dicipine that didn't exist before the arbitration. Not oblivious!

las365

You are not describing things in a way that makes sense.

What was the arbitration about? Were you fired and appealed your firing? Or did you file some sort of discrimination claim that went to arbitration?

Are or were you represented by an attorney?

cyjeff

You are not describing things in a way that makes sense.

What was the arbitration about? Were you fired and appealed your firing? Or did you file some sort of discrimination claim that went to arbitration?

Are or were you represented by an attorney?
or a union?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">